spfbehavior - Set to a value between 1 and 6 to enable SPF checks:
- 0 to disable.
- 1 selects ’annotate-only’ mode, where qmail-smtpd will annotate incoming email with Received-SPF fields, but will not reject any messages.
- 2 will produce temporary failures on DNS lookup problems so you can make sure you always have meaningful Received-SPF headers.
- 3 selects ’reject’ mode, where incoming mail will be rejected if the SPF record says ’fail’.
- 4 selects a more strict rejection mode, which is like ’reject’ mode, except that incoming mail will also be rejected when the SPF record says ’softfail’.
- 5 will also reject when the SPF record says ’neutral’.
- 6 if no SPF records are available at all (or a syntax error was encountered).
The contents of this file are overridden by the value of the SPFBEHAVIOR environment variable if set (typically in /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp). qmail default: 0. QMailToaster default: 3.